Sunday, October 17, 2010

Friday's Fabulous Woman: Coco Chanel

With Paris week just been and gone there has been lots of beautiful images of creative masterpieces all over the blog world, and then I just read a post about a new book called Coco Chanel The Legend and the Life by Justine Picardie, published last month by HarperCollins.  So voila -- this week it's all about Coco!

I don't know much about Coco Chanel except that she created wonderful clothes and built an instantly recognizable brand.   This new book by all accounts takes a look at the woman behind the name and is now on my reading list.  There is a great interview with Justine Picardie, the author here.

One of the more interesting responses was "By the end I felt that she was really heroic, that she had a capacity to go on working when most people would give up, that in the face of heartbreak and adversity, and intense criticism she kept going. I think when I started all I knew really was the surface image of Coco Chanel." 



Image via New York Times.

1 comment:

Three Owls said...

The reason I went to design school. I am going to look for this book. Fabulous as always. Have a great week.