Sunday, June 26, 2011

Sunday in LA

I started the day off with a hike with my shadow before heading downtown to Dwell on Design to meet up with my friends from Modwalls.   Squeezed in 15 minutes to run around the show.  I found it encouraging to be surprised by the quality of exhibitors and the general feel of the show as they have had a couple of rough years. I waved hello to John at Semi Handmade who makes stunning high end fronts for standard cabinets like those from Ikea, and liked the beautiful fragile strength of the paper walls and furniture at Molo, the colorful lamps at David Trubridge, and the careful workmanship at Sam Maloof.  And now Leo and I are hanging out in the shop!  What a great day!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic to see you, Paula! Modwalls <3's Henry Road!