Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Design Indaba

While I was in Cape Town, I attended Design Indaba, South Africa's premier design show.  The show was a wonderful blend of home accessories, fashion, furniture and jewelry.  I took my time ambling around and just enjoying myself.  For the first time this year, the show which is open to everyone had a buyers only afternoon the day before the official opening which I was great as there were no lines and plenty of room to see things.   The downside was that I missed out on the fashion shows and kids art classes that are part of the expo.

I often forget to even take photos when I am focused on talking to people, scribbling in my notebook,  and trying not to miss anything so all of the pictures below of some of the things I liked, are from the Design Indaba site and facebook page.  The Most Creative Stand video here gives a good feel of the show.



No comments: