Tuesday, February 11, 2014

At Home

My home is my haven.   It is filled with objects, books and art that I love.   Many of them have a story to tell about where they came from, who bought them or what I was doing at the time.   They are my personal journal, my travelogue and a happy welcome home every evening.

I opted for a smaller place as now that my studio is in our store,  I spend a lot of time there so I wanted my home to be relaxed and easy to maintain.  Space dictated that I do a lot of editing which was daunting at first.   Surprisingly I have everything that I love in my life in this small apartment and don't miss anything that I gave away.

I have the Andy Warhol poster I found in Florence, the Marmite collection my sister gave me, a mid-century lamp I picked up in a flea market in New York, a shade made from a Mexican blanket I bought while on vacation, and my grandmother's needlepoint.  

I hope you enjoy the pictures below taken by the lovely Laure Joliet.   Some of these plus others appeared in the LA Times last year which was so exciting.  Enjoy!












No comments: